A-Level Music Technology

UPDATED 20170202 14:17:00

Why choose Music Technology? Our Music Department has excellent facilities here at Carmel for studying Music Technology. Students have access to our recording studio, housing a wide range of industry standard recording equipment. All students get unlimited access to the facilities outside of lesson times. If you enjoy creating music using technology and exploring the development of music technology of the recent past through popular music, then this is the course for you. What will the course involve? This is a course for musicians wishing to develop practical skills and theoretical knowledge in Music Technology. The traditional music skills of listening and analysing, arranging and composition are placed in a contemporary technological and musical context. Lessons cover listening and technological issues as well as computer/practical work. Broadly speaking you will study Computer-based sequencing and music production techniques Sound recording Arranging and composing using music technology Listening and analysis (pop music and jazz).

Course information

Name: A-Level Music Technology Qualification title: GCE AS Level in Music Technology Qualification type: Assessment 60% of the subject is examination based and will test your analysing and producing skills. The other 40% is coursework based and is separated into such areas as Recording and Production Techniques, Principles of Sound and Audio Technology, and Development of Recording and Production Technology. Awarding Pearson Education Ltd (Formerly EDEXCEL) Created 20170202 14:17:00 Updated 20170202 14:17:00

Entry requirements

Carmel's Music department comprises of Practice Rooms with upright pianos, a principal Teaching Room and a Computer Music teaching suite. This is in addition to a Music Technology/Recording Studio featuring a state-of-the-art digital mixer as well as a Pre-production Suite all furnished with Cubase and Sibelius software. There is also a 'live' room for recording work and an industry standard recording studio. The department also has a good stock of musical instruments including bass, electric and acoustic guitars and drum kit, plus a variety of brass and woodwind instruments which are regularly used by our students. The department and the Learning Resource Area have a large selection of music and music technology-related textbooks and other resources including CDs/ DVDs. Furthermore, the department makes extensive use of the college's Dalton Theatre which is ideal for concerts and other events. Indeed the department's baby grand piano is housed in the theatre and is regularly used by staff and students alike. Equipment required Carmel's Music department comprises of Practice Rooms with upright pianos, a principal Teaching Room and a Computer Music teaching suite. This is in addition to a Music Technology/Recording Studio featuring a state-of-the-art digital mixer as well as a Pre-production Suite all furnished with Cubase and Sibelius software. There is also a 'live' room for recording work and an industry standard recording studio. The department also has a good stock of musical instruments including bass, electric and acoustic guitars and drum kit, plus a variety of brass and woodwind instruments which are regularly used by our students. The department and the Learning Resource Area have a large selection of music and music technology-related textbooks and other resources including CDs/ DVDs. Furthermore, the department makes extensive use of the college's Dalton Theatre which is ideal for concerts and other events. Indeed the department's baby grand piano is housed in the theatre and is regularly used by staff and students alike.

Provider

CARMEL COLLEGE
info@carmel.ac.uk
01744 452200
http://www.carmel.ac.uk

Address

Prescot Road Town: ST. HELENS County:Merseyside

Learning aims

Title: GCE AS Level in Music Technology Qualification: GCE AS Level in Music Technology Classification: Arts, Media and Publishing

Other courses

C&G Functional Skills Level 2 Maths
Functional Skills qualification in Mathematics
Lowestoft College
Lowestoft
Pottery - Advanced (fee does NOT inc Clay)
Non regulated Community Learning provision, Crafts, Creative Arts and Design
Buckinghamshire Adult Learning
Aylesbury
Level 1 Award In An Intro To Early Years
Award in an Introduction to Early Year's Settings (QCF)
Central Bedfordshire Council
Shefford
BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Travel & Tourism
Diploma in Travel and Tourism (QCF)
Loughborough College
Loughborough
AW AMICI Twi
Non regulated Community Learning provision, Foundations for Learning and Life
LBHF
London
Festive Flower Arrangements
Non regulated Community Learning provision, Horticulture and Forestry
Chichester College
Chichester